Kalama Heights, Kihei HI
Experience the relaxing culture of Maui at Kalama Heights, one of the island’s most highly-rated options for independent care.
Why choose Kalama Heights?
At Kalama Heights, residents enjoy comprehensive independent living with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Residents love Kalama Heights for many reasons, from the spacious apartment homes to the affordable all-inclusive amenities. During their stay, residents get access to the following conveniences and features, all available at no extra cost:
- Community-use fireplace
- Wifi access throughout the common spaces
- On-site rooms for playing board games and cards
- Easy access to laundry facilities on-campus
- Secured walking paths throughout the grounds
- Spaces for residents to lounge and commune with others
- Spacious patio with scenic residential views
- Parking spaces
- Fitness room with exercise equipment
- Accessible computers with internet
- Access to daily life enrichment activities
- Resident kitchen
- Room for multi-purpose activities and life enrichment
- Private dining rooms for personal celebrations
- On-site library, fully-stocked with books and other media
- Professional beautician and barber services
- On-site devotional services and dedicated chapel
- Outdoor spaces to explore and enjoy
- Billiard room with pool tables
- Premium restaurant-style dining services
- On-campus pool
The dining program at Kalama Heights is a major attraction for many incoming residents, creating daily access to chef-prepared meals in the community’s beautiful dining room. Each meal offers a priceless social experience, during which residents can make friends with their neighbors while they savor restaurant-style breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The community's dedicated kitchen staff prepares new recipes for each meal, serving wholesome breakfast, unique lunch, and filling dinner options like:
- Smoked Turkey
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Mexican Meatloaf
- Banana Ice Cream
- Seasoned pork tenderloin with maple gastrique
- Thanksgiving corn pudding
- Cinnamon swirl bread
During their stay at Kalama Heights, residents get access to convenient transportation services with their all-inclusive monthly fee. There’s a lot to do around Kihei and Kahului, and with access to complimentary transportation, it’s all within reach.
Families will find exceptional medical care at the nearby Kihei Wailea Medical Center and world-class shopping at the Rainbow Mall. Residents are sure to spend plenty of time enjoying Hawaii’s beautiful weather and Maui’s many points of interest, including unique attractions like:
During their stay at Kalama Heights, residents have access to exciting daily activities and events like:
- Wii Virtual Sports
- Resident clubs
- Holiday celebrations
- Karaoke and sing-a-longs
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Coffee and Doughnut socials
- Community theater
- Arts and crafts
- The Price is Right (and other game shows adaptations)
- Resident parties
- Bean Bag Baseball
- Tai Chi
- Bible Study
- Walking Groups
- Chair Exercise
- Floral Arrangement Classes
- Card games
- Manicure and pedicure sessions
- Current events conversations
Kalama Heights offers many floor plans for families to consider when they move into the community, including:
- Studio (Starting at 335 sq ft)
- One-bedroom (Starting at 537 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom (Starting at 877 sq ft)
Kalama Heights’ apartments are designed to maximize daily comfort and convenience for residents, including features like:
- Telephone hookups
- All-inclusive utilities
- Private units
- Soft carpet and window treatments
- Attached patios/balconies (in select units)
- In-unit kitchen spaces
- Cable TV hookups
- Wheelchair-accessible units available
- Heating and air conditioning
- Emergency response tools and services
At Kalama Heights, residents can enjoy truly resort-style living in one of the nation’s most beautiful paradises. From swimming in the pool to exploring Maui, there’s always something fun happening at and around Kalama Heights.
According to online reviews, families said they would recommend Kalama Heights because:
- Kihei offers quaint, peaceful Hawaiian living not far from Maui’s points of interest
- Health care and memory care are not included with the retirement experience at Kalama Heights, but staff are happy to help residents arrange skilled nursing care, health care services, and memory care with third-party providers
- The on-campus swimming pool gives residents a fun way to beat the heat without leaving home
- The enriching activities are fun for residents, whether they’re enjoying life in the common areas, outside, or in the pool
- The buildings at Kalama Heights are easy-to-navigate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Kalama Heights located?
Kalama Heights is located at:
101 Kanani Rd
Kihei, HI 96753
Q: What care services and amenities does Kalama Heights provide?
As a Holiday Retirement independent living community, Kalama Heights provides a wide range of services and amenities for the residents, including:
- Linen services and laundry facilities
- On-site restaurant-style dining
- Access to 24/7 emergency response services
- Weekly housekeeping and linen care
- Free parking (for residents and their guests)
- Life enrichment programming
- Inclusive utilities
- Scheduled transportation options
To learn more about the services and amenities residents enjoy during their stay at Kalama Heights, please use the link above. Their services help residents with their daily activities like transportation, housekeeping, and meal preparation, giving them more time to spend with friends and family.
Q: What levels of care does Kalama Heights provide?
While similar, independent living services are not intended to replace personal care or assisted living programs. Independent living residents are often self-sufficient, but third-party care services are available for residents who need a little extra help or ongoing medical attention.
To learn more about the services and amenities available in Kalama Heights, please use the link about to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Kalama Heights cost?
Kalama Heights offers a wide variety of apartment homes for incoming residents to choose from, each priced according to their size and layout. To get a personalized quote for the community based on their available apartment homes, families can use the “Get Pricing” link above for free estimate.
Q: Is Kalama Heights pet-friendly?
Kalama Heights is a friendly community for pets, allowing residents to move in with their four-legged friends provided they can give the animal adequate care on a daily basis. To learn more about the community’s pet policy and their rules and regulations for animals, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Kalama Heights?
Kalama Heights, residents enjoy exciting daily programming as included with their monthly rent.
Many residents can be seen throughout the community participating in events with their peers, from boarding competitions to movie screenings, fitness classes, and more. The activities schedule is always full and always changing, giving residents events they look forward to daily. To learn more about the services and life enrichment residents enjoy during their stay at Kalama Heights, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Kalama Heights is a retirement community that feels more like a tropical resort. Outside, the lush grounds feature papaya and lime trees, with views of the Pacific and Haleakala Mountain. Situated on a small island community near Ma'alaea Bay, Hawaii, residents at this senior living community enjoy walking 5 minutes to the Kalama beach. Located in Kihei, HI,access the Kihei-Wailea Medical center or the Rainbow Mall within 6 minutes of the community. Admire sunset views from the patios of the many local restaurants and bars, accessible by walking or driving. Kealia Pond, just fives miles down the road, provides stunning bird watching for nature lovers. Endangered Hawaiian stilts and coots can be found in this National Wildlife Conservation District.