Bickford of Ames, Ames IA
Welcome to Bickford of Ames, a highly-rated community offering assisted living in peaceful Ames, Iowa.
At Bickford of Ames, residents are invited to live their best life with easy access to all the services and amenities they need in one convenient location.
Services and amenities at Bickford of Ames are expansive, designed to help residents with a wide variety of daily needs. During their stay, residents get access to:
- Devotional services and worship sessions on-campus
- Transportation available
- Access to individualized care plans
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Licensed nurses on-campus
- On-site medical services, offered by visiting doctors, dentists, and podiatrists
- Life enrichment programming and scheduled events
- Pet-friendly living
- Specialized dining options
- Medication administration and management
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Services for residents with disorientation conditions
- Wheelchair accessible units and common spaces
- Outdoor common spaces with patios and trails
- Around-the-clock staffing
- Care for bladder-related issues
- Quiet and clean common area
- Transfer services
- Respite care/short-term stays
- On-campus meals
Each day, dedicated chefs craft homestyle meals from hand using fresh, reliably-sourced ingredients, letting residents enjoy premium recipes like:
- Mixed Vegetables
- Hot Potato Salad
- Meatballs with Gravy
- Cold Cereal
- Hot Cereal
- Fettucine Alfredo
- Spinach Salad
- Mashed potatoes
- Seafood Alfredo
Ames, Iowa is a small town with a lot to offer. Residents will find plenty of fun things to do in the near vicinity, including fun and unique attractions like:
If residents need transportation to get around, they may arrange it with the community.
To help residents make friends and stimulate their minds, bodies, and spirits, Bickford of Ames offers a variety of exceptional life enrichment programming. The activities scheduled each day are always unique and entertaining, feature new events and memorable opportunities like:
- Creative daily activities
- Shopping trips to nearby grocery stores
- Board games
- Balloon volleyball
- Family gatherings
- Dancing sessions
- Theme days
- Live music
Throughout the day and night, residents have access to staff with just the press of a button, thanks to premium in-unit security features like:
- Secured entrances
- Emergency call Pendants
- Pull cords
- Personal Monitoring Devices
Bickford of Ames truly goes above and beyond to provide exceptional care, making their community a safe place for residents to call home. According to online reviews, residents and family members said they love their experience for many reasons, saying they would recommend Bickford of Ames because:
- The dining room is beautiful and elegant, with delicious and filling food that is clearly made by knowledgeable kitchen staff
- On-site amenities like the devotional services, community rooms, and more are a popular attraction for many residents
- The group outings are fun and engaging, with trips to nearby parks and historic points of interest
- The housekeepers are attentive, cleaning apartments cleaned and well-maintained with thorough attention to detail
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is Bickford of Ames located?
Bickford of Ames is located at:
2418 Kent Avenue
Ames IA 50010
Q: What care services and amenities does Bickford of Ames provide?
Bickford of Ames has a wide variety of personal care services and state-of-the-art amenities on-campus to help residents access everything they need in right on campus, including:
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms and apartments
- Dry cleaning services
- Free resident and guest parking
- Reasonably-priced transportation services
- Grocery shopping services
- Specialized dining options
- On-site salon services
- Private dining rooms
- Respite care
- Outdoor spaces for walking, gardening, and more
- Devotional services
- Staff available 24-hours a day
- On-site life enrichment activities
- ADL Assistance
- Doctors on-call
- On-site dining
- Pet-friendly housing, thanks to the Branch Buddies program
- Hospice care on-site
- Indoor common spaces and media room
- Dining options and around-the-clock food service
- Medication administration
- Pet care
For more information about the services and amenities at Bickford of Ames are available using the link above.
Q: What levels of care does Bickford of Ames provide?
Bickford of Ames is a dedicated assisted living community. Physicians, podiatrists, and more will visit the community often to provide basic health examinations, but the community is not licensed to provide skilled nursing care on campus. Additionally, residents should consider arranging memory care of the third-party provider if they need it, as dementia care is not included at Bickford of Ames.
Q: How much does Bickford of Ames cost?
The cost of living for each resident at Bickford of Ames is determined by their individualized care routine. To get a personalized quote for the community based on their current prices, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Is Bickford of Ames pet-friendly?
Bickford of Ames is a pet-friendly community, welcoming cats and dogs of all sizes. If incoming residents have any questions about the pet policy at Bickford of Ames, they're welcome to make an inquiry about their rules using the link above.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Bickford of Ames?
Bickford of Ames is committed to helping residents stay active and feel engaged during their stay, offering daily living enrichment programming designed with their general interests and hobbies in mind.
To get more information about the life enrichment opportunities at Bickford of Ames, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Annessa pruismann - with a new year starting it is always a time to reflect on the previous year. I am so grateful to be a part of such an amazing team of compassionate individuals and the spunkiest, fun-loving group of residents. Our focus continues to be enriching the happiness of you and your loved ones. We feel . . . Read full post with a new year starting it is always a time to reflect on the previous year. I am so grateful to be a part of such an amazing team of compassionate individuals and the spunkiest, fun-loving group of residents. Our focus continues to be enriching the happiness of you and your loved ones. We feel that we can create happiness by meeting unrecognized needs of our residents. These are the needs our residents don't know to ask for but moments that we can create for them to create a bond, a purpose, or just simply bring a smile to their faces. I want to share a few unrecognized needs stories with you from 2017. One of our bickford family members asked a famil…