Bickford of Urbandale, Urbandale IA
Welcome to Bickford of Urbandale, a Bickford Senior Living Community offering assisted living and memory care in beautiful Urbandale, Iowa.
At Bickford of Urbandale, residents get access to everything they need in one convenient location. The community goes above and beyond to make sure each individual's needs are met, personalizing their daily care routines according to their care plan.
At Bickford of Urbandale, residents have access to a spectrum of personal care services and resort-style amenities, including:
- Wheelchair-accessible homes and common spaces
- Respite and short-term care
- Private dining areas for personal celebrations
- ADL Assistance
- Medication administration and reminders
- Chef-prepared dining
- Access to on-call doctors
- Care for pets
- Beautician services on-campus
- Specialized meals to meet dietary guidelines
- Media rooms and common spaces
- On-site hospice care
- Worship and devotional services on-campus
- On-site activities and events
- Pets allowed, courtesy of the Branch Buddies program
- Walking paths and patios
- Free parking for residents and guests
- Around-the-clock dining options and food services
- Transportation services (available for a reasonable fee)
- 24-hour staff availability
- Dry cleaning available
Bickford of Urbandale prides itself on the Bread Basket dining program it provides, letting residents enjoy delicious, chef-prepared meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day.
The menu items are always changing, but popular selections include:
- Fresh Spinach Cheese Salad
- Fresh fruit
- Hot Cereal
- Cold Cereal
- Green Salad
- Sausage links
- Oven-roasted Cauliflower
- Raisin French Toast
- Greek Grilled Chicken
- Hot Potato Salad
- Mixed Vegetables
- Seafood Alfredo
Urbandale has a lot to offer, making it a great city for retirement. Down the street, residents will find exceptional healthcare at theVA Central Iowa Health Care System, and world-class shopping at the Merle Hay Mall.
Urbandale features the green, Rolling Hills of America's Midwest, featuring fun points of interest and unique attractions like:
Residents will find plenty of ways to get involved with their peers and make friends with their neighbors, thanks to the life enrichment programming at Bickford of Urbandale. The community sponsors fun events and stimulating activities in the common areas daily, encouraging residents to get to know each other through hands-on experiences and memorable social events.
In the past, popular life enrichment happenings have included:
- Theme days
- Balloon volleyball
- Family gatherings
- Creative daily activities
- Board games
- Dancing sessions
- Live music
- Shopping trips to nearby grocery stores
At Bickford of Urbandale, residents get access to many safety and security features in their apartment home, giving them access to staff at the press of a button. These features include:
- Pull cords
- Secured entrances
- Personal Monitoring Devices
- Emergency call Pendants
With so much to offer, there are many reasons families are happy to call Bickford of Urbandale home. According to online reviews, families said they would recommend the community’s assisted living and memory care programs because:
- The community strives to create a positive atmosphere, offering meaningful staff interaction with residents, beautiful surroundings, and fun activities that encourage vibrant living
- The caregivers are attentive and kind, getting to know residents on a personal level
- Each resident's individualized care routine is consistently reviewed and updated to reflect any changes in their daily needs
- On-campus pets, courtesy the Branch Buddies program, let residents have fun times with cats and dogs without committing to a pet of their own
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Bickford of Urbandale located?
Bickford of Urbandale is located at:
5915 Sutton Place
Urbandale IA 50322
Q: What care services and amenities does Bickford of Urbandale provide?
Bickford of Urbandale provides a wide variety of services and amenities for their assisted living residents, including:
- Services for residents with disorientation conditions
- Life enrichment programming and scheduled events
- Access to individualized care plans
- Wheelchair accessible units and common spaces
- Devotional services and worship sessions on-campus
- Outdoor common spaces with patios and trails
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Care for bladder-related issues
- Medication administration and management
- Respite care/short-term stays
- On-site medical services, offered by visiting doctors, dentists, and podiatrists
- Transportation available (for an additional charge)
- Licensed nurses on-campus
- Pet-friendly living
- Around-the-clock staffing
- On-campus meals
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Specialized dining options
- Transfer services
- Quiet and clean common area
For more information about the services and amenities residents at Bickford of Urbandale enjoy, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Bickford of Urbandale provide?
At Bickford of Urbandale, residents enjoy premium assisted living and memory care services. Their programs are designed to help residents make the most out of each day, helping them manage their activities of daily living and learn to live with memory loss.
Bickford of Urbandale is a non-medical community, however, residents may arrange additional skilled nursing care or medical services with a third-party provider when necessary.
For more information, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Bickford of Urbandale cost?
Bickford of Urbandale’s rates vary, according to each resident’s daily care needs and housing arrangements.
Free quotes are available for the community by using the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is Bickford of Urbandale pet-friendly?
Bickford of Urbandale allows pets on campus. Cats and dogs of all shapes and sizes are permitted.
However, residents who do not live with a pet can find animal companionship through the Branch Buddies program at Bickford of Urbandale.
To get more information about the pet policy and community pets at Bickford of Urbandale, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Bickford of Urbandale?
Bickford of Urbandale strives to help residents live each day to the fullest. Their life enrichment programs are a core part of their dedication to outstanding residential care, giving residents ongoing chances to make friends, explore new hobbies, and live the vibrant life they’ve always imagined.
Enrichment opportunities vary, but include opportunities like group outings, chaplain services, crafts, and more.
Families can get more information about the life enrichment programming at Bickford of Urbandale by using the link above to make an inquiry about their upcoming events.
About The Community
Rosslyn scheideman - this month's theme was "50's day". This is always a lot of fun with 50's music played in the background most of the day, milk shakes and coke. We had live music with bill connett and he played several elvis tunes on his electric guitar (he also brought 2 other guitars). Our resident, george . . . Read full post this month's theme was "50's day". This is always a lot of fun with 50's music played in the background most of the day, milk shakes and coke. We had live music with bill connett and he played several elvis tunes on his electric guitar (he also brought 2 other guitars). Our resident, george archer, called on his son to bring out his 2 classic cars from this time period, a 1950 ford and a 1952 lincoln. Great photo op! ! ! They were beautiful and the residents enjoyed seeing these. Keep Reading