Bickford of West Des Moines, West Des Moines IA
Welcome to Bickford of West Des Moines, a Bickford Senior Living Community offering comprehensive assisted living and memory care in beautiful West Des Moines, Iowa.
At Bickford of West Des Moines, residents can enjoy the carefree, vibrant retirement they've always wanted with access to all the services and amenities they could ever imagine.
Bickford of West Des Moines offers many services and amenities for residents to enjoy during their stay, including:
- Transportation available (for an additional charge)
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Transfer services
- Respite care/short-term stays
- Care for bladder-related issues
- On-site medical services, offered by visiting doctors, dentists, and podiatrists
- Medication administration and management
- Quiet and clean common area
- Around-the-clock staffing
- Pet-friendly living
- On-campus meals
- Specialized dining options
- Services for residents with disorientation conditions
- Access to individualized care plans
- Wheelchair accessible units and common spaces
- Life enrichment programming and scheduled events
- Devotional services and worship sessions on-campus
- Licensed nurses on-campus
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Outdoor common spaces with patios and trails
Bickford of West Des Moines offers exceptional dining as part of their commitment to outstanding retirement living. The Bread Basket program at Bickford of West Des Moines gives residents access to delicious meals on campus daily, including recipes like:
- Fettucine Alfredo
- Cobb salad
- Meatballs with Gravy
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Roasted Chicken Breat
- Ice Cream
- Mashed potatoes
- Barbecue Chicken
- Spinach Salad
- Meat Loaf
- Spaghetti with Meatballs
There's a lot to do in West Des Moines, making it a fun place to retire. Residents enjoy quiet, safe surroundings and their residential neighborhood, with easy access to healthcare services at the Methodist West Hospital or the MercyOne West Des Moines medical center, and world-class shopping at Jordan Creek Town Center or the Valley West Mall.
Around West Des Moines, families will find plenty of fun things to do, including points of interest like:
The community has transportation services available, if residents need them to see doctors, go shopping, or get around town.
Fortunately, residents never have to go far for fun and entertainment, thanks to the exciting life enrichment opportunities available on campus at Bickford of West Des Moines.
In the past, popular opportunities at the community have included:
- Creative daily activities
- Theme days
- Balloon volleyball
- Shopping trips to nearby grocery stores
- Dancing sessions
- Board games
- Family gatherings
- Live music
To help residents feel more secure at home, Bickford of West Des Moines offers a state-of-the-art emergency call system, located in each apartment. Apartments also feature extra safety tools, including amenities like:
- Pull cords
- Secured entrances
- Personal Monitoring Devices
- Emergency call Pendants
Bickford of West Des Moines goes above and beyond to make sure residents can access everything they need on campus, making their retirement experience fulfilling and peaceful. According to online reviews, families said they loved their experience with Bickford of West Des Moines because:
- The staff and caregivers are kind, giving compassionate care to each resident according to their individualized care routine
- The caregivers pay close attention to changes in a person's attitude, behaviors, or needs, so they can appropriately adjust their care plan to better suit their needs
- The housekeeping is consistent, helping residents live in a comfortable and clean atmosphere without the hassle of chores
- The Branch Buddies program is especially fun for residents who do not have their own pet, letting them enjoy animal companionship without committing to a cat or dog of their own
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is Bickford of West Des Moines located?
Bickford of West Des Moines is located at:
5050 Hawthorne Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Q: What care services and amenities does Bickford of West Des Moines provide?
At Bickford of West Des Moines, residents get access to many services and amenities with their monthly fee, putting dozens of important services and on-campus resources right at their fingertips like:
- Worship and devotional services on-campus
- 24-hour staff availability
- Respite and short-term care
- Private dining areas for personal celebrations
- Access to on-call doctors
- Media rooms and common spaces
- ADL Assistance
- Care for pets
- On-site activities and events
- Around-the-clock dining options and food services
- Specialized meals to meet dietary guidelines
- Beautician services on-campus
- Dry cleaning available
- On-site hospice care
- Wheelchair-accessible homes and common spaces
- Transportation services (available for a reasonable fee)
- Free parking for residents and guests
- Medication administration and reminders
- Pets allowed, courtesy of the Branch Buddies program
- Walking paths and patios
- Chef-prepared dining
For more information about the services and amenities residents at Bickford of West Des Moines enjoy, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Bickford of West Des Moines provide?
Bickford of West Des Moines offers assisted living and memory care services on-site.
However, residents at Bickford of West Des Moines who need services outside of those provided at the community must arrange them with a third-party provider. The staff are happy to help find third-party providers that offer the right kind of care.
For more information about Bickford of West Des Moines, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Bickford of West Des Moines cost?
The cost of care for Bickford of West Des Moines residents varies, taking their daily care routine and housing accommodations into consideration.
For a personalized quote, families can use the “Get Pricing” link above to get a free monthly estimate.
Q: Is Bickford of West Des Moines pet-friendly?
Bickford of West Des Moines offers pet-friendly housing for residents who wish to live with a cat or dog.
However, residents who do not live with a pet can find animal companionship through the Branch Buddies program at Bickford of West Des Moines.
For more information about animal companionship at Bickford of West Des Moines, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Bickford of West Des Moines?
Bickford of West Des Moines is an all-in-one senior living community, meaning residents will find almost everything they need on-site - including social events, creative activities, and more.
The life enrichment opportunities change daily, giving residents access to exciting new events that range from group outings to holiday parties, club meetings, and more.
To learn more about the many types of life enrichment families enjoy at Bickford of West Des Moines, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Keri ulrichs - love is in the air! We are into february, full force! We recently have welcomed 4 new residents, are all deck out and ready for valentine's festivities and have many fun activities to look forward to. Along with valentine's day, we are baking muffins, making crystals, sending homemade valentines to . . . Read full post love is in the air! We are into february, full force! We recently have welcomed 4 new residents, are all deck out and ready for valentine's festivities and have many fun activities to look forward to. Along with valentine's day, we are baking muffins, making crystals, sending homemade valentines to sick children, celebrating mardi gras, and last but not least, enjoying our weekly art class. Stop by, check it out and join in the fun! ! !