Sunrise of Silver Spring, Silver Spring MD
Sunrise of Silver Spring is a premiere retirement living community in Silver Spring, Maryland offering comprehensive long-term and short-term care for residents who need help with their activities of daily living. The community’s care programs include assisted living and memory care, alongside hospice care coordination and short-term respite stays.
What makes Sunrise of Silver Spring one of the most highly rated communities for residential care in the Silver Spring vicinity?
With all-inclusive monthly rent, residents get access to all of the community’s services and amenities at no extra cost. With on-site resources like a fitness center and comfortable outdoor spaces, plus conveniences like transportation and meals, residents can live full, thriving lives without going far from home.
The community’s services and amenities include:
- On-site activities and events daily
- Around-the-clock access to staff and caregivers
- Complimentary transportation services
- Worship and devotional services on-site
- Apartment and grounds maintenance
- Housekeeping services and linen services
- Spacious and comfortable common areas
- Laundry assistance
- Life enrichment programming
- Exercise programs
- Social and educational programs
- Daily meals, served three times per day
Meals are a major reason many incoming residents consider Sunrise of Silver Spring. Preparing meals that are nutritious and diverse as a person gets older can be challenging. It can take up time they'd rather spend with friends or enjoying activities.
Fortunately, Sunrise of Silver Spring take the frustration out of mealtimes with Sunrise Senior Living’s award-winning dining program. Their dining program gives each resident direct access to three nutritious and filling meals a day, handcrafted by professional chefs in the on-site kitchen.
Residents enjoy meals in a communal setting, sharing valuable conversations with their peers as they dine. The menu changes daily, featuring a new selection of seasonal taste or classic favorites made with wholesome and fresh ingredients. A sample menu may include selections like:
- Minestrone Soup
- Sirloin of Beef Au Jus
- Brown Rice Pilaf
- Peach Pork Loin
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Steak Caesar Salad
Transportation services or another quality of life enhancement residents enjoy when they move into Sunrise of Silver Spring. Their transportation services are a distinct advantage over receiving in-home care, with on-site shuttles available to take residents to doctor's appointments, grocery stores and more.
Along with scheduled, personalized transportation, Sunrise of Silver Spring helps residents get around through group outings and spontaneous field trips. Outings may include lunch at a nearby restaurant, a trip to a nearby park, or volunteering, among other opportunities and points of interest.
Silver Spring isn't far from Washington DC, the nation's capital and home to exciting historical points of interest. Regardless, residents don't have to go far from home to have fun in Silver Spring, thanks for the communities many exciting local attractions.
Popular points of interest in Silver Spring include:
On-site at Sunrise of Silver Spring, residents have access to engaging, fun activities designed to help them make friends and pursue their hobbies. The daily schedule changes frequently to keep things fresh, but may include exciting opportunities like:
- Group outings and field trips
- Devotional services and worship sessions on-site
- Group shopping trips to nearby malls and grocery stores
- Birthday celebrations and holiday parties
- Happy Hour and other social events
- Current events and news discussions
- Movie showings and outings to theaters
- Bingo nights
- Board and card games
- Exercise classes and fitness programs
- Yoga classes
- Musical performances
- Life-long learning experiences
The community’s floor plans are spacious and easy-to-navigate, offering the following types of floor plans:
- Studio units
- One-bedroom suites
- Two-bedroom suites
- Companion suites
All Sunrise assisted living apartments feature the following in-unit amenities, including with each resident’s monthly fees:
- Substantially-sized closets
- Private bathrooms
- Emergency call systems
- Kitchen spaces with cabinets and sinks
- Furnishings (available by request)
With a reputation for exceptional resident care, a convenient location, and dedicated caregivers, Sunrise of Silver Spring goes above and beyond to create a safe and secure living environment for its residents. According to online reviews, residents said they loved the following the most about their experience with Sunrise of Silver Spring:
- The caregivers are dedicated to their residents, providing total peace of mind through quality, attentive care around-the-clock
- The outdoor gardens are beautifully-manicured with fresh flowers and bushes, helping residents spend time outside close to home
- The community is conveniently located near shopping centers, hospitals, banks, restaurants, and more
- Residents say staff members treat them like loved ones, not patients
- On-site resources like a beauty salon and fitness room help residents stay active right from home
- The community’s care services are comprehensive, with the cost of assisted living varying for each resident individually
- The housekeeping services help residents keep their apartments clean without hassle
With so much to offer, it’s important that families tour Sunrise of Silver Spring to see what sets it apart from other Alzheimer’s care and resident care programs in the area. By touring, families can see the apartments, the dining room, and the outdoor gardens, giving them a true feeling of what it means to call Sunrise of SIlver Spring home.
Touring the community is easy and free, with appointments to fit most schedules. To schedule a tour, please use the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is the address of Sunrise of Silver Spring?
Sunrise of Silver Spring is located at:
11621 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring MD 20904
Q: What services and amenities does Sunrise of Silver Spring provide?
Sunrise of Silver Spring provides the following comprehensive services and amenities, designed to help residents live safe, secure lives while they enjoy retirement and get help with their daily activities:
- Emergency safety alert systems
- On-site life enrichment programming
- Personal laundry assistance (one load per week)
- Housekeeping services
- Wellness check each month, performed by nurses
- Linen services
- Medication management
- Three meals each day
- Transportation options
To learn more about the services and amenities residents enjoy during their stay at Sunrise of Silver Spring, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Sunrise of Silver Spring provide?
Sunrise of Silver Spring offers the following levels of care, designed to help residents with a spectrum of daily care needs:
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer’s care and memory care
- Hospice relationships and coordinations
- Respite care and short-term stays
The community’s services do not include independent living or skilled nursing care. Sunrise of Silver Spring is not licensed to provide skilled nursing care, so it’s important that resident who need daily medical attention make arrangements with an appropriate care provider during their stay.
To learn more about the community’s levels of care and their current licenses, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Sunrise of Silver Spring cost?
Sunrise of Silver Spring’s monthly rates vary for each resident, depending on their daily care needs. A person’s housing will impact their monthly rates, too.
To get a better look at pricing for Sunrise of Silver Spring, families should get a personalized quote for their consideration. Personalized quotes are available by using the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is Sunrise of Silver Spring pet-friendly?
Yes. Sunrise Senior Living allows pets at its communities, provided their caretakers can meet their daily needs with confidence. To learn more about the community’s pet policy, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What if I (or my loved one) is unsure of my (or their) needs?
Sunrise of Silver Spring’s trained staff are happy to help incoming residents find the right care program for their daily needs. To learn more about their process for determining a person’s level of care, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Sunrise of Silver Spring is a senior living provider located in Silver Spring, MD. Sunrise of Silver Spring offers several levels of care, including Assisted Living, Alzheimer's & Memory Care, Hospice Relationships, Short-Term Stays. Keep Reading