Effective as of: April 1, 2017
FamilyAssets Group LLC, (the “Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.familyassets.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, mail, or other electronic messages between you and our Website or through your direct communication with our employees;
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website or provide any information about yourself to the Company, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you such as bank account information, benefits you receive, income, assets, information about your home; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through our Website (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies);
- from third parties, for example, the Planner.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on our through our Website may include:
- information that you provide: by filling in forms on our Website, at the time of registering to use our Website, to the Company or the Planner for the purpose of receiving services, while posting material, by uploading documents, or while requesting further services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers);
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website including payment information; or
- your search queries on our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and learn how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- to any of our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to employees, contractors, service providers, and other third parties including a Planner, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The Company safeguards the security of the information you provide to us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. In certain areas of our Website, we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.