About Family Assets
FamilyAssets supports families navigating long-term care issues and educates them on their options for selecting and paying for care. Our purpose is to help families make better care decisions by providing them with digestible free information about complex topics.
About Our Scholarship
Because we value supporting families and helping those in need of affordable senior care, we are thrilled to offer one $3,000 scholarship to a deserving student that has shown their own passion for providing care for an elderly person in need. The student should also have ideas on how long-term care can be adapted to better suit the needs of seniors.
Congratulations to Alexis Jennings Our 2018 Winner!
Alexis is studying to be a nurse at North Central Texas College and you can read their 2018 submission here. Alexis was awarded with a $3,000 scholarship towards room and board for the 2018 Fall Semester.
Who Can Apply?
- You must be either volunteering providing services to seniors or helping take care of an elderly relative at home.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited university in the United States.
Deadline For Applications: August 1, 2019 (recurring annually)
Please write a 1,500 word essay that addresses the following questions:
- What is the most important lesson you have learned from providing elderly care?
- How has working with seniors changed your outlook on life?
- In your opinion, what can society do to improve the quality of life for seniors receiving care?
Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. This can be a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill.
How to Apply
Please complete this application before August 1, 2019: The FamilyAssets 2019 Scholarship To complete the application, you will need to submit the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- College or university name
- College or university mailing address
- Attached proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university - current transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill will be accepted.
- Attached essay detailing your experience caring for seniors. We will accept .doc and .pdf files only.
Additional Scholarship Details:
- The winner will be announced on September 30, 2019.
- The winner will be selected by a member of the team at FamilyAssets
- A check will be mailed to the winning candidate’s college or university to be used towards tuition, room and board, or books
- Applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- You will not infringe copyright or plagiarize any content in your essay
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the FamilyAccess 2019 Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants FamilyAccess, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by FamilyAccess.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on FamilyAccess.com.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on FamilyAccess’s social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, FamilyAccess will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.