South Wind Heights, Jonesboro AR
At South Wind Heights, residents will enjoy the charm of America’s Midwest at one of Jonesboro, Arkansas’s award-winning locations for independent care.
South Wind Heights is just minutes from key metropolitan points of interest, with the high-energy atmosphere of larger cities.
The community’s independent living program is comprehensive, helping residents live the thriving lives they’ve always wanted in one all-inclusive, inviting setting. Instead of charging for each service and amenity individually, residents get access to all the conveniences below with one monthly payment:
- Fireplace in the common areas
- Parking options
- Pool tables for residents to play billiards
- An on-campus library
- Space outdoors to enjoy the fresh air
- Rooms for playing games and cards
- Activity rooms and multi-purpose spaces
- Computers with internet access and wi-fi in common areas
- Daily life enrichment opportunities
- Lounge rooms
- On-site laundry machines
- Walking paths throughout the community’s ground
- On-campus beauty salon and barbershops
- Private dining rooms for individual celebrations
- Exercise equipment on-site
- Resident kitchen for hands-on cooking opportunities
- On-campus chapel with regular devotional services
- Restaurant-style resident dining
Each day, residents are invited to enjoy restaurant-style dining in the beautiful dining room, sharing chef-prepared meals with their peers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Meals are as nutritious as they are delicious, leaving residents feeling fulfilled and wanting more. The recipes on the menu change daily, with past favorites including:
- Smoked Turkey
- Seasoned pork tenderloin with maple gastrique
- Sweetheart Cheesecake
- Pretzel Salad
- Mexican Meatloaf
- Cinnamon swirl bread
Jonesboro is the fifth-largest metropolitan area in Arkansas, located about an hour away from Memphis, Tennessee. The community is closely-knit with an impression roster of attractions and resources, including high-quality medical care at the NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital and world-class shopping at The Mall at Turtle Creek.
Around town, there is no shortage of fun things to do for South Winds Heights residents, with exciting nearby attractions like:
Transportation services are also included with each resident’s monthly fees, taking the stress out of running errands and visiting doctors around Jonesboro. If residents have their own cars, they are welcome to park on-site at South Wind Heights.
Along with meals, monthly rent gives residents total access to the community’s engaging life enrichment programming schedule. Incoming residents should check the most recent calendar online to see what’s coming up next, which may include popular activities like:
- Coffee Klatch
- Current events conversations
- Mindful Movement
- Group outings to malls, concerts, points of interest, and more
- Live performances
- Hymnal choir
- Hands-on cooking
- Knitting and crocheting classes
- Adventure travel video screenings
- Bean Bag Baseball
- Holiday celebrations
South Wind Heights has a wide variety of housing options for families to consider before they move in, including:
- Studio (Starting at 330 sq ft)
- One-bedroom (Starting at 520 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom (Starting at 820 sq ft)
Residents will love their apartment at South Wind Heights, complete with amenities and security features like:
- Emergency response systems
- Cable TV access
- Hookups for landlines
- Window treatments
- In-unit kitchenettes
- Wheelchair accessibility
- All-inclusive utilities
- Private apartments
- Heating and air conditioning
As a Holiday Retirement community, South Wind Heights goes beyond the call of duty to provide exceptional retirement services for their residents. According to online reviews, families said they would recommend the community to families reviewing retirement communities in Jonesboro because:
- The community’s secluded location near the Ozark Mountains lets residents enjoy peaceful, safe surrounding with close access to shopping malls, medical centers, and more
- Residents are often seen in the hallways enjoying life enrichment with their peers, including Wii bowling, board games, and more
- The community’s fun dining program makes each meal a memory, giving residents daily access to delicious recipes right from home
- The community’s floor plans are open and easy-to-navigate, with plenty of space for residents to decorate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is South Wind Heights located?
South Wind Heights is located at:
2305 Bernard St
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Q: What care services and amenities does South Wind Heights provide?
At South Wind Heights, families get access to many services and amenities with their monthly fee, including:
- Restaurant-style dining, served on-site
- On-site activities and social events
- Complimentary transportation
- Weekly housekeeping
- Inclusive utilities
- Free laundry facilities
- Free parking for residents and guests
- 24/7 emergency response services
For more information about the services and amenities at South Wind Heights are available using the link above.
Q: What levels of care does South Wind Heights provide?
Unlike some Holiday communities that offer independent living and assisted living on the same campus, South Wind Heights only provides independent care on campus. If families need to request other types of services, they may make arrangements with a third-party provider. This is especially important when residents need health care, as skilled nursing care is not provided through South Wind Heights.
To learn more about the levels of care available through South Wind Heights, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does South Wind Heights cost?
Monthly rates at South Wind Heights depend on each unit’s size and layout. However, the community does not require expensive buy-ins from new residents, nor do they offer long-term, restricting leases.
Before touring South Wind Heights, families can get a personalized quote for the community using the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is South Wind Heights pet-friendly?
South Wind Heights welcomes pets like family. However, residents are expected to give their pet adequate daily care for the length of their stay.
For more information, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at South Wind Heights?
Life enrichment programming plays a core role in each resident’s day-to-day routine, thanks to the exciting events and activities offered on-campus at South Wind Heights. To get more information about the life enrichment opportunities and exciting events at South Wind Heights, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
South Wind Heights offers the charm of a close-knit community just minutes from metropolitan attractions. The Jonesboro senior living community is an hour from Memphis and central to NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital and The Mall at Turtle Creek. The family-friendly community boasts chef-prepared meals and spacious social rooms. Dine with friends then retreat to the lounge for cards and conversation. The activity calendar offers Wii bowling, arts and crafts, brain games and more. Outside, plant in the community garden or walk the paths lined with crepe myrtles and Bradford pears. You’ll feel like a cherished member of the family at South Wind Heights. Visit today. Keep Reading