Oxmoor Lodge, Louisville KY
Welcome to Oxmoor Lodge, a Holiday Retirement community offering independent living in beautiful Louisville, Kentucky.
Why choose Oxmoor Lodge for retirement living?
Widely regarded as one of the most highly-rated independent living communities in Louisville, Oxmoor Lodge creates an all-in-one retirement experience for a budget-friendly cost. All-inclusive monthly pricing takes the stress out of add-ons and hidden fees for incoming residents, giving them total peace of mind about their lifestyle as Oxmoor residents.
The amenities and on-site resources included with monthly rent feature:
- Game Room
- Resident Kitchen
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- Chapel and Devotional Services
- Restaurant-style dining options
- On-site Computer Room with Internet Access
- Walking Paths
- Patio Area
- Restaurant-style Dining Room
- Community Fireplace
- Lounge Area
- WiFI in the Common Area
- Community Grounds and Gardens
- Billiard Lounge with Pool Tables
- Fitness Equipment and Exercise Programs
- On-site Beautician Services in the Barber/Beauty Salon
- Private Dining Room
- TV Lounge
- On-site Activity Room
- Parking On-site
- Daily activities and events
On-site dining is a vital resource for many residents, especially those who prefer not to prepare meals. By serving residents hand-crafted, chef-prepared meals daily, the community gives them more time to spend doing the activities they love.
Menu options at Oxmoor are never the same two days in a row, featuring a diverse selection of recipes that may include savory favorites like:
- Thanksgiving corn pudding
- Crab Salad
- Watermelon, feta and arugula salad with balsamic glaze
- Charleston Hummingbird Cake
- Beef Tenderloin on mint and fava bean puree
- Beef Kabobs
- Molten chocolate cake
- Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
- Family-style lobster stuffed mushrooms
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Homemade Gnocchi
- Smoked Turkey
- Sweet Corn and Cilantro Crab Cakes
- Sweetheart Cheesecake
- White Cranberry Cashew Truffles
The community’s life enrichment programming is another major attraction for incoming residents, as community-based retirement living can eliminate worries of isolation and loneliness for many. Oxmoor Lodge encourages active, engaged living among their residents with exciting and enriching daily programming featuring events like:
- Resident clubs
- Knitting and crocheting classes
- Live performances
- Resident Appreciation DInners
- Group outings to malls, concerts, points of interest, and more
- Karaoke and sing-a-longs
- Community theater
- Holiday celebrations
- Tai Chi
- Sit-down aerobics
- Bible Study
- Resident parties
- Stretching classes
- Stretching exercise
- Crossword puzzles
- Card games
- Hymnal choir
- Ice cream social events
When it’s time to adventure off-campus, there is no shortage of fun to find throughout Louisville and the surrounding area. The city is nestled in the heart of Kentucky’s stunning natural beauty and is steeped in history. Popular attractions near the community include:
If residents have their own vehicles, they are welcome to park on-site. For those who no longer drive, scheduled transportation services are included with each resident’s all-inclusive monthly fees.
When residents move into Oxmoor Lodge, there are various floor plans and apartment layouts to choose from. Each apartment is spacious and tastefully-designed, creating the perfect canvas for residents to make their home.
Specific apartment availability varies depending on a person’s projected move-in date, but primary floor plans at Oxmoor Lodge include:
- Studio units (Starting at 341 sq ft)
- One-bedroom units (Starting at 549 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom units (Starting at 846 sq ft)
- One-bedroom cottages
- Two-bedroom cottages
Apartments feature the following state-of-the-art amenities:
- All-inclusive utility billing
- Landline telephone hookups
- Heating and air conditioning
- Access to cable television
- Emergency response services
- Patios or balconies in select units
- Kitchenettes in each unit
- Wheelchair accessible units available
- Plush carpeting and window treatments
As one of the most highly-rated independent living communities in Louisville, Oxmoor Lodge offers everything residents need to live their lives to the fullest. According to online reviews, families said they loved their experience with Oxmoor Lodge because:
- The food is exceptional, satisfying food lovers with tasty and nutritious meals
- The on-site amenities, like the fitness center and the salon, minimize unnecessary outings for residents
- Apartments are kept clean, thanks to the attentive housekeeping and linen service
- The area is conveniently located near many unique attractions and restaurants
- The community offers many state-of-the-art conveniences like Cable TV and free Wifi in the common areas
To learn more about Oxmoor Lodge, families are welcome to tour the community. During the tour, staff members are happy to explain what sets their residence apart from other independent living options in the area.
To schedule a free tour, please use the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Oxmoor Lodge located?
Oxmoor Lodge is located at:
8021 Christian Ct
Louisville, KY 40222
Q: What care services and amenities does Oxmoor Lodge provide?
The Oxmoor provides a wide range of independent living services and amenities, including:
- Access to 24/7 emergency response services
- Complimentary transportation
- Weekly housekeeping
- Linen services
- On-site activities and social events
- Restaurant-style dining, served on-site
- Inclusive utilities
- Free parking (for residents and their guests)
To learn more, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Oxmoor Lodge provide?
The Oxmoor provides dedicated independent living services for residents who want help with household chores, daily meal preparation, and local transportation. Their services are not intended to replace personal care or provide ongoing medical attention.
If residents need personal care services (like assistance with activities of daily living) or skilled nursing care, they may arrange it with a third-party care provider as necessary.
To learn more, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Oxmoor Lodge cost?
The monthly fees at Oxmoor Lodge are all-inclusive, meaning residents pay what they expect each month. Rates vary for each apartment depending on its size, so it’s important for families to create a budget before touring so they know which units are within their price range.
To get a personalized estimate for Oxmoor Lodge before touring, please use the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is Oxmoor Lodge pet-friendly?
Pets are allowed at Oxmoor Lodge. To learn more, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Oxmoor Lodge?
Active living plays a core role in Oxmoor Lodge’s commitment to providing exceptional long-term care. Their services are designed to give residents an all-inclusive, vibrant atmosphere in which to live life by their own design, and life enrichment programming is a major part of their independent living’s exceptional reputation.
To learn more about upcoming life enrichment programming at Oxmoor Lodge, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Oxmoor Lodge is located next to Oxmoor Center, within minutes of Norton Healthcare and has been long regarded as one of Louisville's best values for independent living. With a variety of apartment sizes, our community is known for helping stubbornly independent Louisvillians stay independent longer. With a fantastic restaurant onsite, painting classes, an active Men's Club and interesting neighbors, this St. Matthews location is ideal for older adults who are looking to stay active without all the hassles of maintaining a home and property. Come visit with us. We'd love to show you around and get to know you! Keep Reading