Whealdon Estates, Baton Rouge LA
Located in beautiful Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Whealdon Estates offers comprehensive independent living and luxury retirement housing.
At Whealdon Estates, residents enjoy a wide variety of services and amenities, including life enhancements like:
- On-site Activity Room
- Billiard Lounge with Pool Tables
- Chapel and Devotional Services
- On-site Computer Room with Internet Access
- WiFI in the Common Area
- Community Grounds and Gardens
- Fitness Equipment and Exercise Programs
- Game Room
- On-site Beautician Services in the Barber/Beauty Salon
- TV Lounge
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- Lounge Area
- Parking On-site
- Private Dining Room
- Resident Kitchen
- Restaurant-style Dining Room
- Community Fireplace
- Patio Area
- Walking Paths
- Daily activities and events
- Restaurant-style dining options
Dining is a major attraction for many incoming residents, taking the stress out of preparing nutritious and filling meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. In the past, popular menu items at Whealdon Estates have included:
- White Cranberry Cashew Truffles
- Sweet Corn and Cilantro Crab Cakes
- Family-style lobster stuffed mushrooms
- Smoked Turkey
- Crab Salad
- Molten chocolate cake
- Pretzel Salad
- Seasoned pork tenderloin with maple gastrique
- Skillet Barbecue Chicken
- Thanksgiving corn pudding
Located in Baton Rouge, Whealdon Estates is surrounded by beautiful scenery and historic points of interest. The area offers premium healthcare services at the Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, with world-class shopping minutes away at The Mall of Louisiana.
During their stay at Whealdon Estates, residents may want to enjoy some of the local attractions that define Baton Rouge, including points of interest like:
Fortunately, residents can get anywhere they need to in Baton Rouge with total ease, thanks to the community’s complimentary transportation services.
Whealdon Estates offers engaging life enrichment programming on a daily basis, designed to help residents live active, involved lifestyles. each morning, afternoon, and evening. Residents have access to exciting activities and events like the following happening right on site, giving them endless ways to socialize, make friends, and pursue their hobbies:
- Arts and crafts
- Fashion shows
- Group outings to malls, concerts, points of interest, and more
- Wii Virtual Sports
- Resident Appreciation DInners
- Movie screenings
- Stretching exercise
- Knitting and crocheting classes
- Resident parties
- Ice cream social events
- Live performances
- Holiday celebrations
- Bible Study
- Tai Chi
- Hymnal choir
- Board games
The community offers various apartment homes for incoming residents to choose from, with options available to suit most lifestyles and budgets. Floor plan options at Whealdon Estates include:
- Studio (Starting at 405 sq ft)
- One-bedroom (Starting at 542 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom (Starting at 901 sq ft)
Each apartment offers various state-of-the-art amenities designed to maximize comfort and security for residents, including premium features like:
- Private apartments
- In-unit kitchenettes
- Emergency response systems
- Cable TV access
- All-inclusive utilities
- Window treatments
- Heating and air conditioning
- Hookups for landlines
- Wheelchair accessibility
At Whealdon Estates, residents enjoy many conveniences and amenities that help them live each day to the fullest. According to families who enjoyed their experience with the community, they said they would recommend Whealdon Estates because:
- The community offers many exciting opportunities for residents to get to know each other as part of their life enrichment programming
- The dining options at Whealdon Estates give residents daily access to chef-prepared meals and nutritional recipes
- Complimentary transportation services make it easy for residents to see doctors and run errands
- Staff members are happy to assist quickly when requested, providing attentive, individualized care
With so much to offer, the best way for families to see if Whealdon Estates is a good choice for independent care is to tour the community and see everything it provides in person. To schedule a free tour of the community, please use the link above and choose an available appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Whealdon Estates located?
Whealdon Estates is located at:
8680 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Q: What care services and amenities does Whealdon Estates provide?
As a Holiday Retirement independent living community, Whealdon Estates provides the following premium services and amenities with their all-inclusive monthly rent:
- On-site restaurant-style dining
- life enrichment programming
- Scheduled transportation options
- Weekly housekeeping and linen care
- Inclusive utilities
- Free laundry facilities
- Free parking for residents and guests
- 24/7 emergency response services
For more information about the services and amenities offered at Whealdon Estates, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Whealdon Estates provide?
Whealdon Estates is a dedicated independent living community. They do not provide personal care, skilled nursing care, or memory care. However, those services are available to residents who need them through their party care providers in the Baton Rouge area.
For more information about the levels of care available Whealdon Estates, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Whealdon Estates cost?
Whealdon Estates determines monthly fees by each unit’s size, layout, and amenities. Rates differ among residents, with many affordable options available.
To get a personalized quote for wills and Estates, or to learn about the community's available units, please use the get pricing like above.
Q: Is Whealdon Estates pet-friendly?
If a resident wishes to live with their cat or dog at Whealdon Estates, they are welcome to as long as they can give the animal adequate daily care. Additionally, pets must comply with the community's pet policy. For more information, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Whealdon Estates?
life enrichment programming is a key part of Holiday Retirement commitment to exceptional independent Care. At wills and Estates, residents are invited to participate in daily events and activities with their peers, courtesy of the community's engaging activity schedule.
To learn more about the life enrichment opportunities available Whealdon Estates, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Whealdon Estates honors the culture of the region, offering a charming estate along the Jefferson Highway. The Baton Rouge senior living community is near Our Lady of the Lake Hospital and Mall of Louisiana. Don’t miss the Baton Rouge Zoo, Louisiana’s Old State Capitol and Magnolia Mound Plantation. Patio chairs and a welcoming environment greet residents and guests alike. Entertain in the spacious community rooms or billiards lounge. Neighbors will become friends while gathered for chef-prepared meals and social activities. Participate in bingo, arts and crafts, Wheel of Fortune, balloon volleyball and more. Outside, stop and smell the flowers on your afternoon walk. Whealdon Estates is like one big family, and we can’t wait for you to join us. Visit today. Keep Reading