Summerfield Estates, Shreveport LA
Experience the beautiful Southern Hills in Shreveport, Louisiana at Summerfield Estates, one of Holiday Retirement’s all-inclusive independent living communities in the area.
At Summerfield Estates, residents get total access to many services and amenities that are designed to maximize their convenience and comfort daily, including state-of-the-art features like:
- Spacious patio with scenic residential views
- Billiard room with pool tables
- Access to daily life enrichment activities
- Private dining rooms for personal celebrations
- Resident kitchen
- On-site library, fully-stocked with books and other media
- Wifi access throughout the common spaces
- Parking spaces
- Premium restaurant-style dining services
- Accessible computers with internet
- On-site devotional services and dedicated chapel
- Outdoor spaces to explore and enjoy
- Room for multi-purpose activities and life enrichment
- Fitness room with exercise equipment
- Community-use fireplace
- On-site rooms for playing board games and cards
- Spaces for residents to lounge and commune with others
- Easy access to laundry facilities on-campus
- Secured walking paths throughout the grounds
- Professional beautician and barber services
Many residents say the dining options at Summerfield Estates are a major reason they consider the community for independent living, as the chef-prepared meals often exceed expectations and leave residents wanting more.
In the past, popular menu items at Summerfield Estates have included:
- Irish beef stew
- Homemade Gnocchi
- Smoked Turkey
- Sweet Corn and Cilantro Crab Cakes
- Shrimp and Grits
- Family-style lobster stuffed mushrooms
- White Cranberry Cashew Truffles
- Berry Fruit Trifle Parfait
- Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
- Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with Tomato Cucumber Salad
Shreveport is a moderately-sized town with a lot to offer, surrounded by the beautiful, scenic landscapes of Louisiana. Nearby, residents will find outstanding healthcare services at the Willis-Knighton Health System, with fun shopping opportunities down the street at the Pierrepont mall.
When residents want to spend some valuable time off-campus, they may have fun visiting any of the following points of interests throughout Shreveport:
Summerfield Estates provides complimentary transportation services to take the stress out of getting around Shreveport, whether it's to see doctors, go shopping, or simply enjoy the area’s unique attractions.
On-site, residents will find plenty of exciting opportunities at Summerfield Estates, thanks to the communities engaging life enrichment programming. Each day, the activities schedule changes to feature new experiences, including popular events and activities like:
- Stretching exercise
- Wii Virtual Sports
- Adventure travel video screenings
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Hands-on cooking
- The Price is Right (and other game shows adaptations)
- Arts and crafts
- Bean Bag Baseball
- Board games
- Coffee Klatch
- Live performances
- Resident clubs
- Fashion shows
- Hymnal choir
Summerfield Estates has many housing options for families to consider when they move in, ranging from studio to two-bedroom units. Pricing is dynamic, so there are many budget-friendly options available at Summerfield Estates.
Availability varies, but floor plans at Summerfield Estates include:
- Studio (Starting at 402 sq ft)
- One-bedroom (Starting at 508 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom (Starting at 790 sq ft)
Apartments are designed to help residents feel comfortable and safe around the clock, giving them access to everything they need without feeling overwhelmed. In-unit amenities at Summerfield Estates include:
- Private residential units
- Kitchenettes in each unit
- Wheelchair accessible units available
- Emergency response services
- Access to cable television
- Landline telephone hookups
- Plush carpeting and window treatments
- Heating and air conditioning
- All-inclusive utility billing
- Patios or balconies in select units
Summerfield Estates has a lot to offer, and families are praising the community online for their unique approach to independent living. According to recent online reviews, families said they loved their experience with Summerfield Estates because:
- The life enrichment programming had something fun to offer for everyone, regardless of their general interests
- The staff are fair and patient when they work with residents, making sure everyone gets individualized attention within a timely manner
- The pet policy makes it easy for residents to live with her cat or dog
- The moving process is easy, with staff ready to assist incoming residents with the transition as necessary
To get a better idea of all the services and amenities Summerfield Estates provides, families are welcome to tour the community and see their apartment homes in person. By tutoring, families can get a close look at what life is like at Summerfield Estates and make an informed decision when they choose their home at independent living.
To schedule a free tour Summerfield Estates, please use the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is Summerfield Estates located?
Summerfield Estates is located at:
9133 Baird Rd
Shreveport, LA 71118
Q: What care services and amenities does Summerfield Estates provide?
At Summerfield Estates, families get access to many services and amenities with their monthly fee, including:
- 24/7 emergency response services
- Weekly housekeeping
- On-site activities and social events
- Free laundry facilities
- Complimentary transportation
- Inclusive utilities
- Free parking for residents and guests
- Restaurant-style dining, served on-site
Families can learn more about the services and amenities available at Summerfield Estates by using the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Summerfield Estates provide?
Summerfield Estates provides dedicated independent living. Their services are designed to help residents maximize each day with convenient services like weekly housekeeping, linen service, delicious meals, and more.
However, residents may arrange third-party medical care with another provider if necessary. To learn more, please use the link above and make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Summerfield Estates cost?
Summerfield Estates’ rates vary depending on a unit’s size and layout. Incoming residents can get a better estimate for pricing at Summerfield Estates by using the “Get Pricing” link above for a personalized quote, based on their needs and preferences.
Q: Is Summerfield Estates pet-friendly?
Pets are welcome at Summerfield Estates, as long as they comply with the community’s pet policy. For more information, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Summerfield Estates?
Life enrichment plays an important role in daily life at Summerfield Estates. Residents have access to exciting things to do on-campus each morning, afternoon, and evening courtesy of the life enrichment programming available through Summerfield Estates.
To learn more about the life enrichment programming available at Summerfield Estates, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Summerfield Estates is surrounded by the beauty of the Southern Hills. The Shreveport senior living community is central to Willis-Knighton Health System and Pierremont Mall. When you’re ready to explore, visit the R. W. Norton Art Gallery, Louisiana State Exhibit Museum and Eldorado Shreveport. Cozy interiors and a diverse social calendar are ideal for entertaining friends. Whether reading the paper in the atrium or watching movies in the lounge, you’ll always have the best seat in the house. Gather with neighbors each day for chef-prepared meals, and enjoy lively activities like bean bag baseball, word scramble, crochet club and more. Outside, hanging ferns and pansies line the lush walkways. Summerfield Estates is the home you’ve been looking for. Visit today. Keep Reading