Durham Regent, Durham NC
Located in beautiful Durham, North Carolina, Durham Regent offers independent living and affordable retirement housing.
To help residents live each day to the fullest, Durham Regent provides the following all-inclusive services and amenities:
- An on-site library, fully-stocked with classic media
- Walking paths around the community
- Restaurant-style dining opportunities
- Game rooms
- Daily opportunities for life enrichment
- Private dining rooms on-site
- Spaces for residents to lounge and relax
- On-campus chapel, home to devotional services and worship
- Beautifully-manicured gardens and grounds
- Fitness equipment and exercise programs
- Recreational multi-purpose room
- Resident kitchen for hands-on activities
- Fireplace in the common room
- Parking available
- Dedicated billiards room
- Community computer stations with internet access
- Wifi access in the common areas
The community is committed to helping residents thrive by managing daily tasks and responsibilities, including meals. Dedicated kitchen staff members prepare handcrafted meals from fresh ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day, offering exciting recipes like:
- Chocolate Chip Cake
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Molten chocolate cake
- Skillet Barbecue Chicken
- Watermelon, feta and arugula salad with balsamic glaze
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Irish beef stew
- Mexican Meatloaf
- Homemade Gnocchi
- Charleston Hummingbird Cake
- Breakfast Casserole
- Beef Tenderloin on mint and fava bean puree
- Pretzel Salad
- White Cranberry Cashew Truffles
- Crab Salad
Durham, North Carolina has a lot to offer. From quiet neighborhoods to convenient nearby amenities like the Duke University Hospital or the Southpoint Mall, there is plenty for residents to enjoy about the area during their retirement.
When it's time to explore off-campus, popular points of interest in the Durham vicinity include:
Thanks to complimentary transportation services, residents can get around Durham with total ease. If a person moves in and owns a vehicle, they may park on campus.
Life enrichment programming is included with each resident’s monthly fees, giving them daily access to exciting events and activities like:
- Movie screenings
- Stretching classes
- Coffee and Doughnut socials
- Walking Groups
- Manicure and pedicure sessions
- Floral Arrangement Classes
- Outdoor activities
- Birthday parties
- Card games
- Tai Chi
- Crossword puzzles
- Community theater
When a family moves into Durham Regent, they'll choose from a wide variety of apartment homes based on their lifestyle preferences and monthly budget. The community offers the following floor plans, with availability varying depending on a person's projected move-in date:
- Studio units
- One-bedroom units
- Two-bedroom units
- One-bedroom cottages
- Two-bedroom cottages
Inside each apartment residents will find state-of-the-art amenities like:
- Cable TV hookups
- Attached patios/balconies (in select units)
- Telephone hookups
- All-inclusive utilities
- Heating and air conditioning
- Soft carpet and window treatments
- In-unit kitchen spaces
- Wheelchair-accessible units available
- Private units
- Emergency response tools and services
Durham Regent strives to make their community a comfortable, safe place that residents love to call home. According to online reviews, families said they loved their experience with Durham Regent because:
- The community is pet-friendly, allowing most dogs and cats on campus
- The staff members are outgoing and knowledgeable, helping residents feel more comfortable about their care routine
- The dining options are delicious and filling, exceeding expectations for many residents
- The community is very helpful when families need to arrange third-party care, connecting residents with reliable health care and personal care providers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Durham Regent located?
Durham Regent is located at:
3007 Pickett Rd
Durham, NC 27705
Q: What care services and amenities does Durham Regent provide?
Durham Regent provides the following services and amenities for their residents, included with their monthly fees:
- Free laundry facilities
- Restaurant-style dining, served on-site
- 24/7 emergency response services
- Inclusive utilities
- On-site activities and social events
- Complimentary transportation
- Weekly housekeeping
- Free parking for residents and guests
For more information about the services and amenities residents enjoy at Durham Regent, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Durham Regent provide?
Durham Regent is a dedicated independent living community. However, residents may arrange assisted living services (like personal care) or skilled nursing care with third-party providers as necessary.
For more information about the levels of care provided at Durham Regent, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Durham Regent cost?
Durham Regent adjusts its monthly rates according to each unit’s square footage and layout. Families can get a personalized quote for Durham Regent based on their housing preferences by using the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is Durham Regent pet-friendly?
Yes, Durham Regent is a pet-friendly retirement community. For more information about their pet policy, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Durham Regent?
Durham Regent encourages residents to get active and make friends by providing exciting life enrichment programming each day. From arts and craft sessions to group outings, movie screenings and more, there's always something fun for residents to enjoy without going far from home.
About The Community
Under the graceful arch of Magnolia and Dogwood trees, Durham Regent is a quiet community on Chapel Hill near Duke University Hospital and Southpointe Mall. The rural Durham senior living community is a half hour from Raleigh and near the Durham Performing Arts Center and Duke University. Durham Regent is charming and elegant, featuring parlors, an atrium and a billiards room. A life-enriching activities calendar offers Wii bowling, dominoes, fitness classes and more. When it's time to eat, gather with friends and family for chef-prepared meals. Outside, walk your dog through the gardens or relax in a rocking chair. Our community is dedicated to making you feel like part of our family. Schedule a visit today. Keep Reading