Emerald Pond, Durham NC
Located in beautiful Durham, North Carolina, Emerald Pond is a premier independent living community providing safe, secure housing for families at an affordable monthly rate.
What makes Emerald Pond one of the most highly-rated retirement living communities in Durham?
Each resident’s monthly fees are all-inclusive, giving them total access to the community’s services and amenities without additional fees. With one comprehensive payment, residents get access to the following resort-style amenities, including on-site conveniences and concierge services like:
- Walking Paths
- Community Grounds and Gardens
- Restaurant-style Dining Room
- Fitness Equipment and Exercise Programs
- WiFI in the Common Area
- Private Dining Room
- On-site Activity Room
- Billiard Lounge with Pool Tables
- Restaurant-style dining options
- Parking On-site
- Community Fireplace
- Lounge Area
- Daily activities and events
- Chapel and Devotional Services
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- Patio Area
- Resident Kitchen
- TV Lounge
- On-site Computer Room with Internet Access
- On-site Beautician Services in the Barber/Beauty Salon
- Game Room
At Emerald Pond, residents can prepare their own meals or take advantage of the dining experience (included with their monthly fees!). Each day, professional kitchen staff prepares meals with fresh, seasonal ingredients, crafting recipes residents are sure to love like:
- Irish beef stew
- Pumpkin spice ravioli
- Homemade Gnocchi
- Charleston Hummingbird Cake
- Sweet Corn and Cilantro Crab Cakes
- Family-style lobster stuffed mushrooms
Residents can enjoy their meals with friends in the communal dining room or schedule special events in the private dining area. Along with communal meals, residents have ongoing daily chances to make friends thanks to the community’s life enrichment programming.
Life enrichment opportunities change daily, featuring a variety of events and activities residents are sure to love like:
- Board games
- Outdoor activities
- Group outings to malls, concerts, points of interest, and more
- Knitting and crocheting classes
- Current events conversations
- Stretching exercise
When it’s time to adventure off-campus, there is no shortage of fun activities to enjoy in the Durham area. Located near the world-famous Ivy League school Duke University, the town is bustling with fun restaurants and shopping opportunities around every corner.
Some of the most popular attractions in Durham include:
Each incoming resident will work with the community’s staff to find housing options that meet their individual needs. Unit availability depends on a person’s move-in date, but the community’s primary floor plans include:
- Studio (Starting at 326 square feet)
- One-bedroom (Starting at 550 square feet)
- Two-bedroom (Starting at 846 square feet)
- Two-bedroom cottages (Starting at 1,242 square feet)
Each unit affords plenty of natural light, space to thrive, and helpful apartment amenities so residents can live life by their own design. By offering the following amenities for residents, the community creates housing options that truly feel like home:
- Plush carpeting and window treatments
- All-inclusive utility billing
- Kitchenettes in each unit
- Private residential units
- Landline telephone hookups
- Wheelchair accessible units available
- Patios or balconies in select units
- Access to cable television
- Emergency response services
- Heating and air conditioning
With so much to offer, families are happy to share their experiences at Emerald Pond online through testimonials and reviews. According to recent accounts from families, the community is widely praised for:
- Its variety of floor plans and apartments, creating options that are suitable for many budgets
- The community's convenient location near Duke University Hospital and other medical centers
- The convenient weekly housekeeping services, providing attentive and thorough assistance with tasks like vacuuming and trash removal
- The staff's dedication to helping residents live an independent lifestyle helps residents feel safe and secure while maintaining their self-sufficiency
From studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom units, the housing options at Emerald Pond are tailored for families with a spectrum of lifestyle needs. To see the community's many housing options, their beautiful common area, and their restaurant-style dining room, potential residents may schedule a free tour of the community using the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Emerald Pond located?
Emerald Pond is located at:
205 Emerald Pond Ln
Durham, NC 27705
Q: What care services and amenities does Emerald Pond provide?
Emerald Pond’s care services and amenities are designed to help residents enjoy their lives to the fullest while preserving their total independence and freedom. Instead of providing personal care services and assistance with activities of daily living, Emerald Pond takes care of dining and chores so residents have more time to spend how they please.
Each resident’s all-inclusive monthly fees at Emerald Pond give them access to the following:
- Free laundry facilities
- On-site restaurant-style dining
- Inclusive utilities
- Life enrichment programming
- Weekly housekeeping and linen care
- Scheduled transportation options
- Free parking for residents and guests
- 24/7 emergency response services
To learn more about the services and amenities available at Emerald Pond, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Emerald Pond provide?
Emerald Pond is a dedicated independent living community. Their services are not designed to replace home health care or personal care, but to create a safe and secure environment where residents can thrive.
If a resident needs skilled nursing care or personal care services outside the range of what Emerald Pond provides, they must arrange it with a third-party caregiver as necessary. To learn more about the community’s levels of care, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Emerald Pond cost?
The cost of living at Emerald Pond varies for each resident, depending on their chosen housing options and their living arrangements. However, the community strives to make retirement living accessible to everyone by eliminating expensive buy-ins, offering short-term leases, and dynamically pricing apartments.
Families can financially prepare for Emerald Pond by getting a personalized quote before they tour. To get a personalized quote fast and easy, please use the “Get Pricing” link above.
Q: Is Emerald Pond pet-friendly?
Yes! Pets are welcome at Emerald Pond. To learn more about the community’s pet policy and their regulations for cats and dogs, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Emerald Pond?
At Emerald Pond, dining and housekeeping are only part of their commitment to exceptional retirement living. The community believes staying active and social are vital to healthy living, especially during the third act of a person’s story. To help residents stay active and engaged, Emerald Pond provides a wide variety of life enrichment activities and events on campus, designed with their interests in mind. The activities change daily, creating endless opportunities for residents to have fun during their stay.
To learn more about active living and life enrichment at Emerald Pond, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
Emerald Pond is located on a 150 acre nature preserve featuring ponds and walking trails. The Durham senior living community is 40 minutes from Raleigh, and central to Duke University Hospital and shopping at The Streets at Southpoint. When you’re ready to explore, visit the Carolina Theatre and events at Duke University. Whether sipping coffee in the atrium or playing games in the billiards lounge, you’ll feel instantly at home. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals in the community dining room and a diverse social calendar. Participate in resident lectures, bean bag baseball and jazz performances. Outside, walk in search of great blue herons and turtles. This nature preserve is truly a retirement sanctuary. Visit us today. Keep Reading