Pinecrest, Hickory NC
Welcome to Pinecrest, an independent living community offering comprehensive housing in Hickory, North Carolina.
As a Holiday Retirement community, all the services and amenities at Pinecrest are included with their base monthly fee. During their stay, residents enjoy the following conveniences and on-site resources, designed to help them live their lives to the fullest:
- Outdoor spaces
- Wifi access throughout the common spaces
- Parking spaces
- Easy access to laundry facilities on-campus
- Spacious patio with scenic residential views
- Billiard room
- Professional beautician and barber services
- Premium restaurant-style dining services
- Room for multi-purpose activities and life enrichment
- Spaces for residents to lounge and commune with others
- Fitness room with exercise equipment
- Access to daily life enrichment activities
- Community-use fireplace
- Private dining rooms for personal celebrations
- On-site library, fully-stocked with books and other media
- On-site devotional services and dedicated chapel
- On-site rooms for playing board games and cards
- Secured walking paths throughout the grounds
- Accessible computers with internet
Dining is included with each resident's monthly fee, giving them daily access to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu changes each day, featuring new options and recipes for residents to try. In the past, popular options have included:
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Crab Salad
- Thanksgiving corn pudding
- White Cranberry Cashew Truffles
- Beef Kabobs
- Mexican Meatloaf
- Homemade Gnocchi
- Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with Tomato Cucumber Salad
Along with dining, life enrichment programming is included with monthly fees at Pinecrest. Each day, residents are invited to participate and engaging events and activities with their peers, including hands-on experiences and memorable opportunities like:
- Card games
- Sit-down aerobics
- Outdoor activities
- Live performances
- Stretching classes
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Bean Bag Baseball
- Holiday celebrations
- Arts and crafts
- Crossword puzzles
- Ice cream social events
- Fashion shows
- Wii Virtual Sports
Transportation services are available at no extra cost, helping residents get around the Hickory area stress-free. If residents have their own vehicles, they're welcome to park on campus.
The Hickory area is peaceful and safe, with a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. There's plenty to do without going far from the community, with unique local attractions like:
Incoming residents choose from a variety of available floor plans when they move in, with options available to suit most budgets and lifestyles. The community’s primary floor plan options include:
- Studio units (starting 379 at sq ft)
- One-bedroom apartments (starting at 542 sq ft)
- Two-bedroom apartments (starting at 877 sq ft)
Each apartment features the community’s state-of-the-art amenities and features, designed to maximize safety and comfort. Amenities in each unit include:
- Patios or balconies in select units
- Emergency response services
- Heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenettes in each unit
- Access to cable television
- Wheelchair accessible units available
- Private residential units
- Plush carpeting and window treatments
- All-inclusive utility billing
- Landline telephone hookups
With so much to offer, it's no surprise Pinecrest is a popular option for independent living in Hickory, North Carolina. According to online reviews, families are saying they loved their experience with the community because:
- The staff are attentive and always willing to help, answering each person’s questions thoroughly
- The dining options give residents at truly restaurant-style experience, and the food typically exceeded the expectations of new community members
- The housekeeping services help residents keep their home clean without lifting a finger, giving them a comfortable environment to call their own
- Pets are welcome at Pinecrest, as long as they comply with the community’s regulations and pet policy
Families who want to see more of what Pinecrest offers are welcome to tour the community for free. To schedule a tour, please use the link above and choose an available appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where is Pinecrest located?
Pinecrest is located at:
915 29th Ave NE
Hickory, NC 28601
Q: What care services and amenities does Pinecrest provide?
Pinecrest offers the following services and amenities:
- Free parking (for residents and guests)
- Weekly housekeeping
- Complimentary transportation
- Access to 24/7 emergency response services
- Inclusive utilities
- On-site activities and social events
- Linen services
- Restaurant-style dining, served on-site
To learn more, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: What levels of care does Pinecrest provide?
Pinecrest is an independent living community. Unlike some communities that provide independent living alongside assisted living or skilled nursing care, Pinecrest does not offer personal care or medical services typical of those types of communities.
If a person needs additional services to complement their independent living experience at Pinecrest (like in-home medical care), they must arrange it with a third-party care provider. To learn more, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: How much does Pinecrest cost?
At Pinecrest, the cost of living is all-inclusive. Incoming residents are not locked into long-term leases, nor are they responsible for expensive buy-in fees. Instead, they have total control over their stay thanks to the community’s short-term agreements and affordable move-in fees.
Each apartment’s rates vary depending on their size and layout. To get an accurate look at pricing for Pinecrest, families can use the link above to get a personalized quote.
Q: Is Pinecrest pet-friendly?
Cats and dogs are allowed at Pinecrest, provided they comply with the community’s pet policy. To learn more about the pet policy at Pinecrest, please use the link above to make an inquiry.
Q: Do the residents seem active and engaged at Pinecrest?
As a person approaches retirement, they may feel concerned about making friends and staying active as they get older. Pinecrest acknowledges and addresses these valid concerns with their engaging life enrichment programming, encouraging residents to get involved with their community through a wide variety of unique, exciting events and activities.
To learn more about the upcoming events at Pinecrest, families are welcome to check out their events calendar or use the link above to make an inquiry.
About The Community
You’ll be instantly charmed by our rural setting just 45 minutes outside of Charlotte. The Hickory senior living community is central to Frye Regional Medical Center and Valley Hills Mall and nearby attractions like the Nascar Hall of Fame, Carowinds and the Hickory Museum of Art. Pinecrest is both welcoming and casual, offering space to entertain family or dive into your favorite hobbies. Gather with neighbors for chef-prepared meals and coffee and conversation in the atrium. A spacious game room and social areas host bingo, exercise classes, tabletop horse racing and more. Outside, bask in the sunshine or walk the wide-open spaces and forested park with your dog. You’ll love coming home to a peaceful setting and friends that become family. Visit today. Keep Reading